Friday, January 7, 2011

Ahhh... a new year.

For those of you who have come to know me from Made With Love (out of which Co-Original Creations has, in essence, been born), you know how much I love experimenting with new and quirky flavor combinations... Lemon & Rosemary, Blackberry Bouquet (a lovely purple cheesecake bursting with fresh blackberry, accented by a hint of lavender), etc.

Well, this winter break has been no exception: a couple of weeks ago I tried another "flowery" cheesecake-- I call it Love from Lebanon, because it features Lebanese orange blossom essence, topped with a berry-wine reduction (syrup) made from a delicious local blueberry wine I obtained from the Troy Farmers' Market. Yes, it may sound a bit strange... but it is DELICIOUS. The orange blossom is a subtle, but intriguing, kiss of flavor that barely lingers; complemented very nicely by the sharp, fruity tang of the wine. Mmmmm...

Then, last week, I decided to do something new with tea. If anyone out there is not familiar with rooibos tea, you simply MUST try it; it's got a tang to it, but the flavor also has a distinctly "creamy" aspect to it... one that is absolutely phenomenal in cheesecake. I mean, this stuff rocks. I honestly don't know what else to say about it, except that you all must try it.

Aaaaaand that's it for me, everyone have a lovely weekend! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment